Saturday 13 September 2008

Game Fourteen - Millwall Home

13th September 2008

The 13th.... unlucky for some, and unlucky for Leicester it would seem. Well I say that but I dont think luck had much to do with anything!

So lets start from the beginning. From start to finish this had all the omens of being a bad day at the office. Firstly, Helen would be missing due to her recovery from the operation and secondly the lousy 1pm kick off time! Weekend football should be 3pm on a saturday only!!

Anyway me and the old man parked up at the Pheonix and had a view of the top of the walkers over part of the city centre... pretty crap picture really and ive no idea what that massive chimney thing is actually!


From then I headed into town and met up with Jimmy and set off to Ladbrokes to place a few (losing) bets. From there it was the short walk to the walkers and the chance to see the next step in our league one tour. Something didn't feel right when I got there and I just wasn't in the mood for the game.... in fact as the teams came out and the pre match rituals took place, I didn't sing once. I think it was the dodgy kick off time messing with my head but I couldn't be overly bothered with it all today....
Sadly neither could the players and what ensured was an awful match where we were kicked and battered all over the pitch. A goal in the first half seperated the two teams and frankly there was nothing to get excited about and I have nothing to really write about.

In fact I took the picture below to sum up the game in my eyes..... That guys hat was like the game today. It's just not football!
There really isn't much to say. They had a player sent off, could have been more and we just didn't trouble their keeper. It was boring. It was rubbish. It was..... last season!!! The club have been tested for the first time and they failed it. Lets just hope they pass the retake against Leyton Orient next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-sounded like a pretty grim game - in a way im pleased im not going to make it down until the Walsall game in October - hopefully things are better by then - ive even booked one of my favourite Hotels in Leicester.

Chris said...

Yeah you didnt miss much - where are you from Andy?